Surround was commissioned to take over this video after the footage was shot. It needed a cohesive direction and a look that Usher and his manager were not getting from the previous director. Surround created a narrative structure and used stop motion light EFX to accompany Usher’s intimate performance while working closely with Ushers team to achieve the multi-layered story telling that was originally intended. The song went onto become a #1 hit and the video has reached over 30 million hits.
- Creative Direction @ Surround
- Post Direction: Brad Palmer, Brian Palmer
- Animation and EFX: Brad Palmer
- Animation, Steven Smith @ Neasden Control
- Editor: Brian Palmer
- Rotoscoping, Animation, Compositing: George Sepulveda
- Post Coordinator: Sydney Buchan